My Awkward Years #2



Let's get on with seventh grade. 

This was my dark phase where everything I wore was black and had an electric guitar or skulls on it. I thought I was so cool cause I listened to All Time Low and Linkin Park and for me, that made me the most awesome rocker in the world... or at least in my school. 

My friends were different to say the least. They were girly and listened to another style of music completely. None of them, not a single one listened to my kind of music. I remember I used to apply such a heavy amount of make up and everyone loved it. It wasn't as heavy as Taylor Momsen, but it was heavy for a twelve-year-old girl. Every time I remember it now I cringe a little cause I actually know how to do my make up now. 

There were these guys though, I don't know how I even had a crush on them because they were... well, not exactly my type.  You see, I was a straight 'A' student and I was nice to the teachers and respectful.  These guys, well, let's just say they weren't nice. They treated girls like they were objects, called them offensive names, and jumped from one to another like they were a piece of pizza (I'm a little hungry right now). 

My poor young self was lonely and in need of attention and these guys gave it to me.  Don't let your mind wander. I didn't have my first kiss until eighth grade and we're in seventh now. So we didn't do anything sexual or anything.  They just looked at me, talked to me, smiled at me, and I liked that.  My friends had boyfriends though.  They made out with them in corners where teachers "didn't see them", they so did though.  I was probably the only goody two shoes.  Nobody seem to mind and I didn't either. I was fine with how I was.  I felt cool cause I was the different one out of all of them.

I remember one time one of the guys got really close to me and tried to kiss me, but I didn't let him. I don't remember why. I think it was because I knew I'd regret it later.  These guys were nice, at least to me because they somehow knew that they couldn't get me to go out with any of them so they just accepted it and we formed great friendships. 

This is probably when I started hanging out with more guys than girls. Don't get me wrong, I love girl friends, but guys don't fuck around and they tell you what you need to hear without any pity. 

I have two best guy friends (let's call them... Adam and Leo) and a girl best friend (let's call her April).  These guys are truly the best friends any girl could ask for.

For a while I had a crush on Adam, but that's a story for another time.


xoxo,

Charlie 

Charlie

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment